WLC 2.0 - LIGHT CONTROL MADE EASY
Before driving with a trailer or rear cycle carrier the driver must check the function of the lights of the vehicle combination. If there is no one else in the vicinity, it can be difficult for the driver to brake and stand behind the trailer or bike carrier simultaneously to check the lights.
This is where the new UCC2 control unit generation with integrated check function from Westfalia, which is used in conjunction with CAN-BUS wiring kits, can help.
How does the new additional function work? The trailer or cycle carrier must be connected to the vehicle and the electrics must be hooked up. The driver turns on the ignition of the vehicle and presses the brake twice shortly one after another. The control unit is now in standby mode. This starts the function test after 3 seconds and it stops after 20 sequences. The indicators, reverse, brake, rear fog and reversing lights of the trailer illuminate one after the other. The driver can therefore stand behind the vehicle to check if all the lights are working. A short instruction manual, which is enclosed with the wiring kit, explains the individual steps.
The first wiring kits from Westfalia-Automotive, which contain the new control unit, are the ones for the 2019 onwards
- Vauxhall Crossland X, 2017 - (part no. 314580300107/113)
- Vauxhall Grandland X, 2017 - (part no. 314590300113)
- Ford Fiesta / Fiesta Active, 2017 -(part no. 307599300107/113)
- Ford KA und Ford KA+ Active, 2016 - (part no. 307576300113)
- Ford Tourneo Connect, 2018 - (part no. 307576300113)
- Citroen C3 Aircross, 2017 - (part no. 304203300113)
- Citroen C4 Cactus, 2018 - (part no. 304203300113)
- Kia Sportage, 2018 - (part no. 345174300113)
- more will follow soon
And the best about it is: It's included without any additional costs.